Trip Overview Island Peak Climb
The vast collection of challenging peaks has always allured trekkers to visit Nepal. Tourists from all across the globe enter this mountainous country to try their luck in the thrilling adventure of peak climbing. 33peaks have been officially opened by Nepal Government for climbing till date.
Remaining next to the Everest has been the plus point to Island Peak. Most of the travel operators are offering the combined package of ‘Island Peak with Everest Base Camp Trek’. Island Peak is located on the apex of the glacier known as Chukung that acts as the bridge in between two famous mountains of Ama Dablam and Lhotse. Island Peak tests your endurance level as you embark on the arduous glacier climb above 20,000ft in the core of Everest Region.
Alpine Zone Treks & Expedition is regularly conducting a trek in this most sought after peak in Everest Region. The fact that more than 300 groups of people try to conquer this peak each year supports the claim that Island Peak is undoubtedly the most preferred peak for climbing. Island Peak not only provides the thrilling opportunity to mount the Himalayan summit but also offers the chance to follow the trail towards Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar. As there is a saying that every pleasant thing comes with a price, you need to undergo through the difficult and inclined trail that proceeds through huge boulders and that is strewn with rocks and ice wall to reach to the tapered summit edge.
The enchanting views of valleys and several massifs including the World’s highest Mountain- Mountain Everest makes the toil worth taking. March- May and September- December have been suggested as the best months to try this awesome peak climbing. The trail for Island Peak elongates through the amazing Dudh Koshi valley where you will get the chance to dive deep into the milky water of Dudh Koshi River. The path further winds through several highland villages of amiable natives which not only provides us with opportunity to get acquainted with their ancient culture, traditions and ways of living but also pay visit to their rich cultural heritages like monastery and Mani walls. The return trip continues through Namche Bazaar- gateway to Everest Region from where we will catch a flight at Lukla and return back to Kathmandu. Come, let us be the better part of this mesmerizing peak climbing and let us cherish the memories forever.
Day – 1 - arrival at Kathmandu tribhuvan intenational airport ( 1,350 m. )
Day – 2 – sightseeing and preparation .
Day – 3 – Fly to lukla ( 2850 m. ) – Phakdingma ( 2,610 m. ).
Day – 4 – phakdingma – Namche bazaar ( 3,340 m. )
Day – 5 – Rest in namche for acclimatization.
Day – 6 – Namche bazaar – Tengboche ( 3,875 m. )
Day – 7 – Tengboche – Dingboche ( 4,200m. )
Day – 8 – Rest in dingboche for acclimatization
Day – 9 – Dingboche – Laboche 4,930 m. )
Day – 10 – laboche – kalapathar ( 5,545 m. ) – Laboche
Day – 11 – Laboche – Dingboche ( 4,200 m. )
Day – 12 – Dingboche – chhukung 4,730 m. )
Day – 13 – Island peak base camp ( 5,087 m. )
Day – 14 – Island peak high camp ( 5,600 m. )
Day – 15 – Summit Island peak ( 6,189 m. ) and back to Chhukung.
Day – 16 – Chhukung – Tengboche ( 3,875 m. )
Day – 17 – Tengboche – Namche bazaar
Day – 18 – Namche bazaar – phakdingma.
Day – 19 – Phakdingma – Lukla
Day – 21 – Lukla – Kathmandu
Day – 22 – Rest and farewell dinner
Day – 23 – Departure.
1) Airport pick up and drop
2) Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu 3-4 star hotels with break fast.
3) Sight seeing in Kathmandu.
4) Domestic flights to / from lukla and domestic departure taxes.
5) All other transports.
6) Experience leader, trekking guide, experience cook, Sherpa and kitchen crew.
7) All accommodation in tent during trek ( twin share tent, mattress and other camping and
8) All meals on trek ( breakfast, lunch dinner, tea, coffee, juice ).
9) Sagaramatha national park fee.
10) Specialized medical kit and medical oxygen for high attitude.
11) Insurance for all alpine zone‘s staff.
12) All related taxes.
13) Fare well dinner.
1) Visa fee.
2) Insurance of clients , personal nature i.e cold drinks / hard drink .
3) Lunch and dinner in kathamndu / pokhara
4) Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
5) Personal gear and clothing.
6) International flights and Airport departure taxes.
7) Tips for alpine zone’s staff.
8) Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest, in such case extra will be charged as per actual.