Trip Overview Mustang Trek
Tread through the ancient Trans Himalayan kingdom that was once forbidden to the outer world until it was officially opened to the foreigners in the year 1991. It still requires special permit from Nepal Government to visit this mystical land of Mustang. The last forbidden kingdom of Mustang not only shares its border but also its culture and traditions with the natives of Tibet.
Upper Mustang Trekking is the thrilling voyage into the high Himalayan lands of Western Nepal which is popular for holding the ancient Buddhist kingdom of Lo. As Mustang lies in the rain shadow of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Mountains, it receives very little rainfall each year and thus Upper Mustang is the region that you should try if you plan to visit Nepal during monsoon season.
The path for Upper Mustang Trek stretches through the vast expansion of arid lands that are deprived of vegetation. These lands are covered with the eroded sandstone columns which lie being scattered throughout the valley. The spiritual heart of Mustang- the Lomanthang city, thousand years old monastery, the fortified wall, ancient cultures and traditions that are similar to the neighboring Tibetans, the four storey palace in Lo- Manthang, caves and gratifying views of Nilgiri, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Mountains are the major attractions of Upper Mustang Trek. Be the part of enticing Upper Mustang Trek and experience the awe- inspiring sensation of being surrounded by more than 35 mountains over 6000m height.
Alpine Zone Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd. is offering Upper Mustang Trek on regular basis. The journey begins as we leave Kathmandu to head to Pokhara from where we will catch a flight to Jomsom. The pleasant trekking from Jomsom will lead us through Kagbeni- the gateway to Mustang and we will move through culturally rich villages and passes, peaks and glaciers. We will devote some of our time to visit the revered monasteries. The return trip will take us back to Jomsom from where we will take a flight back to Pokhara before finally returning back to Kathmandu.
1) Airport pick up and drop
2) Twin sharing accommodation at Kathmandu 3-4 star hotels with break fast.
3) Sight seeing in Kathmandu.
4) Domestic flights to pokhara – jomsom – pokhara - kathmandu and domestic departure taxes.
5) All other transports.
6) Experience leader, trekking guide, experience cook, Sherpa and kitchen crew.
7) All accommodation in tent during trek (twin share tent, mattress and other camping and
8) All meals on trek (breakfast, lunch dinner, tea, coffee, juice ).
9) Annapurna conservation fee and special trekking permit.
10) Specialized medical kit and medical oxygen for high altitude.
11) Insurance for all alpine zone‘s staff.
12) Fare well dinner.
1) Visa fee.
2) Insurance of clients, personal nature i.e cold drinks / hard drink .
3) Lunch and dinner in kathamndu / pokhara
4) Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
5) Personal gear and clothing.
6) International flights and Airport departure taxes.
7) Tips for alpine zone’s staff.